Monday, November 30, 2009
The harsh reality is that most people do not want to see you succeed. People will try to hold you down. You must make an effort to hang around others who share your goals to lose weight, and so that you can leverage their knowledge, commitment, support, and success. It’s research proven that when you hang around others who succeed that you will also succeed
“Figure yourself out; spend some time in introspection” - Frank McKinney.
That’s a brilliant idea…
…so take 10-15 minutes for yourself to write down where you’re headed for the rest of the year, and what plans you want you to accomplish in 2010 and then put in some action steps you need to follow to reach those goals.
Keep it simple and clear.
Answer these questions:
1) Is the life you’re living worth what you are giving up to have it?
2) Are you doing what you want in life?
3) Are you living the personal life that you want?
4) Are you doing enough of the little things that make you happy?
5) Are you spending enough time with the people that make you happy?
6) Are you making the best use of the limited time you have in your one lifetime?
Simple questions. Simple answers.
Make a simple plan.
Develop simple solutions.
It’s sometimes a jagged little pill to swallow, but good things come to those who are willing to work hard
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
If you want to LOSE fat over the holidays…
Losing fat and keeping the weight off over the holidays is easier than you think. And I'm going to show you exactly what you need to do to lose fat while enjoying yourself at big meals and parties over Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.
There's just 3 simple steps you need to follow.
1) You need to plan out your reward meals in advance. Remember, it is a big psychological boost to your fat loss program if you can still enjoy your favorite foods while transforming your body. So here's what you need to do. Simply grab a calendar and mark off the days when you have a big meal planned. Don't forget, you get at least one meal per week when you can have whatever you want. That means you can mark off Thanksgiving Thursday, and then your work holiday party, then your family Christmas dinners, and any other event you have planned. Once per week you get to reward yourself for doing such a great job with your program. So enjoy!
2) The second thing you need to do is plan out your fat burning workouts sessions in advance, so you know exactly what you need to do in order to free up more time for holiday parties, shopping, andmerry-making.
3) Stay strong with social support. Now more than ever is the time of year when you need to spend time with your trainer, workout buddy, at End Results. Make sure you are still checking in and sending your nutrition logs. Get help and support on sticking to your fat burning plan over the holidays.
So that's all you have to do...just follow that simple 3-step planof reward meals, planning, and social support, and you'll lose fat over the holidays.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
A Serious Damage Control Workout Before The Big Feast!
This circuit workout is built specifically for this special occassion.
Its meant to maximally torch calories,
boost metabolism, and
deplete muscle glycogen(sugar) stores
that will go along way to allowing room for some holiday treats!
Crank out this Turkey Day Workout.
Get After it!!!
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Ahhhh...To be young and agile! LOL! Check me out @20secs in.
Now we’re all entering the heart of holiday season here now, but I want you to stay strong !
Now if you still have Halloween candy sitting around, let’s go to our Transformation tip:
The harsh truth is…”If it is in your house, you’re going to eat it.”
So get rid of the junk, and don’t let it get there in the first place! Do not rationalize a reason for it to be there. Just dump it. You WILL feel better about it, you WILL benefit from it and you WILL NOT have to stop yourself from eating it because it wont be there!
and now check out this research study…
J Am Coll Nutr. 28(2):159-68. Adherence and success in long-term weight loss diets: the dietary intervention randomized controlled trial (DIRECT).
The scientists wanted to see if people could stick to different diets.
They studied 322 overweight men and women in 3 diet groups:
Greater weight loss achieved when diets sustained for longer than month-6 was the main predictor associated with success in weight loss.
So sitck with it...
Holidays were a trigger to a significant decrease in adherence followed by a rebound.
Be ready to get back on track...
Generally, the most irresistible restricted food items were cookies (45% of dieters) and fruits (30%).
Just dump it...
Among the physically active (n = 107), 44% reported a tendency to eat less after exercising.
Whats the new buzz at End Results?!?!
When? Tues/Thurs @10
I'm sure if you twist Jessica's arm she'll add more classes or Personal Training too!
Have you heard of fitness bootcamp workouts?
You’ve probably heard me mention them recently, but I’ve just discovered a surprising new benefit to these types of workouts (and ALL partner and group workouts in general). In a recent issue of the Economist, I stumbled across an article reporting this…
“Research shows that if you train with others, you can endure more discomfort and you can train harder.”
That means more results, and it’s just one more reason why you should be training with a partner.
The right training partner and environments are crucial for success. Get after it! http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=169286526344&ref=ts
Monday, November 2, 2009
Transformation Tip: Just a simple, but timely tip today…Make sure you remove excess sugar from your diet if you want maximum mental energy and fat burning.
Plan, Shop & Prepare: Make sure to add lots of high-fiber foods to your diet.